The last thing a homeowner wants to deal with is plumbing trouble. Adopting a maintenance plan is the best approach to keep complications at bay, but you could still run into issues from time to time. If you’re faced with plumbing problems such a clogged toilet, burst pipe, or garbage disposal repair, count on Valley Plumbing and Drain Cleaning to be your reliable plumber.
Our team of dedicated, experienced plumbers is equipped with the tools and means to diagnose and remedy plumbing issues of all complications. Trust us for your Pleasant Grove, UT home's plumbing, water heater, and drain cleaning services. Your 100% satisfaction is our goal and gratification.
Save on your next service when you access our exclusive online coupons and special promotions.
What Are the Benefits of Water Leak Detection Services?
Preventative care is just as important for your home as it is for your car or your own body. That is why when it comes to your water systems, from pools to plumbing, that you find leaks early with leak detection services. Consider these benefits of water leak detection services:
- Prevents damage: By detecting leaks early, you prevent the damage that they can cause throughout your home. Water leaks, even small ones, can lead to the softening of drywall, rotting of floorboards, and even damage to items you may have stored beneath or near the dripping water.
- Averts mold: Mold can be especially dangerous for your health, and it can grow in places you may not see. All it needs is a moist, damp environment, one that your leaking pipes will easily provide.
- Catch potential problems early: Small leaks can become something much worse if allowed to persist. They can also be a sign of a much bigger problem that has not made itself known yet. Leak detection services let you find and eliminate these issues.
- Thoroughness: Some do-it-yourselfers have the attitude that they should be able to manage all maintenance in their home, but without the training and equipment, a homeowner is unlikely to successfully check for leaks unless they put holes in their walls, floors, and ceilings.
When Do You Need Professional Drain Cleaning?
Clogged drains can be a serious problem and even cause unfortunate back-ups and smell in your home. Many homeowners like to think they can handle the unclogging on their own, but trained professionals know how to handle minor and major clogs in your system. So, how do you recognize you have a problem that requires a professional? Look out for these signs:
- Repeated clogging: Even after you've managed to clean your drain, the clogs just seem to keep coming back. That's a sign there is a problem that requires specialized tools and techniques.
- Multiple slow or clogged drains: This is a sign you have a problem with more than just one drain in your home and that the clog is likely deep into your water drainage system.
- Smelling sewage: This can be a sign of much more serious problems. While a sewage smell could possibly be a severely backed-up drain, it may also indicate a broken or damaged sewer line.
- Flooding: This is one of the more common signs of a plugged drain. When water begins to pool in your basement or in a room beneath a bathroom or other room with plumbing, you can bet that somewhere above the pooled water is a clogged drain.
Take a look at our reviews to see how we’ve helped other customers in the area.
Signs You Need To Repair or Replace Your Water Heater
Finding out your water heater needs to be replaced or repaired can mean a sudden cold shower or even the cause of some serious problems with your plumbing system. Early detection can help you prepare for replacement costs and avoid unfortunate surprises. That is why it is so important to learn the signs that your water heater needs to be serviced.
- No hot water: If you are experiencing unexpected cold showers, you may have a problem with your water heater. A professional can tell you whether the problem is simply a pilot light, power problem or if your heater needs to be replaced.
- Muddy water or sediment: Hot water that has become muddy or has pieces of sediment floating around indicate potential failure of your water heater.
- Unusual smells and tastes: If your water has begun to smell or taste metallic, your water heater is likely nearing its last days and is due for a replacement.
- Odd noises and water: If you are hearing strange sounds from your water heater or noticing leaked water where none had leaked before, your heater likely needs a check-up, if not a replacement.
for Pleasant Grove, UT
Mark - Pleasant Grove, UT
Would highly recommend to others.
Jason - Pleasant Grove, UT
Bryan - Pleasant Grove, UT
Brenda - Pleasant Grove, UT
Response from Valley Plumbing and Drain Cleaning:
Thank you so much for your review.
Great Service and Awesome Pricing
Sherman - Pleasant Grove, UT
I know I was lucky but I got service the day after our basement partially flooded. Neil, the service tech, was on time and after analyzing our situation resolved the issue. He was informative, offered options, professional in his work, and most of all cared for us as a family. Thank you Neil.
Response from Valley Plumbing and Drain Cleaning:
Thank you for letting us know how Neil did. Our goal is to always get to our customers as fast as we possibly can. I am glad to hear that everything was taken care of and that things are back to normal.
They had a main line back up, he had water coming up through his floor drain. His tub shower was slow to drain and the toilet would gurgle. I removed the toilet to run the big snake down. There was water sitting there almost to the top of the closet flange. I ran my snake out and was able to get it drained out. I ran a lot of water down through the toilet with the toilet supply line. I did this for about ten minutes while running the sink as well. No back ups. I reset the toilet and put an extra wax ring to make sure it sealed properly. I changed out his old angle stop and put a new quarter turn stop in.
We will try to replace the cartridge in the old moen valve. We will cut into the cultured marble surround and make the hole for the valve bigger so we can access the copper lines and get the new valve in place. This will be the newest model from Moen and be a single lever handle with pressure balancing, which means when someone uses the water, the temp will stay the same although the pressure will drop.
Waste and Overflow in Guest Bath had a major fault in the installation that had caused a small crack to appear. We also observed that the the master tub wasnâ€™t too far behind. Several joints going up to bathroom fixtures were also showing signs of rapid deterioration. We repiped the entire horizontal run to both bathrooms and bathtubs. We replaced both tub drains and overflow trim plates in a brushed nickel finish. We also replaced the tub spout in the master bathroom. We tested everything for leaks when we were done. 1 year warranty on parts and labor. 90 day warranty on the tub spout. Service Membership provides 15% off this invoice and any future plumbing work for the next year.
We will need to cut the â€œTâ€ fitting that is on itâ€™s side and replace with a Y that can drain better and also allow a snake to get through the line.
Shutoff Valve on hot side of water heater has failed. It is leaking and will not shutoff all the way. The shutoff valves under the sink are also seized and unable to turn. We will shut the water off the to home and drain the system. We will replace the 3 shutoff valves in the mechanical room with new â€œquarter turnâ€ brass valves much like the primary shutoff in the back. We will also replace both valves With new â€œeasy turnâ€ shut off valves. We will reconnect the water supply lines to the new belts. We will re-pressurize the water distribution system in test for leaks. One year warranty parts and labor on all worked out today. Service membership provides 15% off of this invoice as well as any future work for the next year. Financing is available if needed with payments as low as $11 a month.