Having an issue suddenly spring up with your sewer line can be a scary feeling. Although you’re not an expert in main sewer lines, you know that a problem with this system could spell disaster. This line serves the vital function of transporting waste from your Lehi home over to the city sewer. Roots, clogs, and other blockages can cause your line to crack or break, leading to dreaded backups. To ensure your sewer line is up to snuff, call Valley Plumbing and Drain Cleaning.
Plumbing services can be expensive. That’s why we offer coupons to ensure every service fits into your budget.
What Causes Sewer Line Issues?
There are many reasons your line could be giving you trouble. Usually, if you’re in need of sewer line repair, you’re dealing with the following issues:
- Old Pipes: If you live in an older home, you may still have cast iron pipes that are vulnerable to breaking and cracks. If your lines have not been maintained, regardless of the type, you could be dealing with years of buildup.
- Tree Roots: If you have trees with large roots or near your line, you should look out for tree root invasion. Nearby tree roots will grow into your pipes searching for moisture, causing blockages, leaks, and cracks.
- Outside Conditions: Extreme weather outside such as rain, drought, or freezing conditions can cause the ground to shift and your line to move.
Signs You Need Sewer Line Services
Knowing the signs of a sewer line issue can save you an expensive repair. A keen homeowner knows to keep an eye out for signs of trouble so that they can nip the problem in the bud. Here are signs you should call us:
- Smell of sewage around your property
- Standing or pooling water near your sewer line
- Blackish or brownish residue, dirt, or roots backing up into your sink or tub
- Lush, bright green patches of grass on your lawn
- Slow drains throughout your home
- Mushy lawn
- Gurgling sounds
How to Prevent Sewer Line Disasters
Sewer backups can wreak havoc on your property. Learn these easy steps to minimize the chances of backups and sewer infiltrations:
- Dispose of waste products properly: Grease, paper products, and unresolved food can cause buildups in your pipes. These buildups are incredibly harmful to your sewer line and can cause blockages.
- Consider new piping: If you still have cast iron pipes, PVC piping is an upgrade you should consider investing in. Replacing your sewer line can be beneficial. It’s difficult for tree roots to penetrate these and they are less prone to rusting, leaking, and cracking.
- Correct bad plumbing: Some homeowners will attempt DIY or hire an amateur in order to cut costs. Improperly installed connections can cause all sorts of issues with your plumbing.
See what other homeowners have to say about our services and visit our reviews page today.
Why Work With Us
Depending on your home, you may have different sewer line materials. Handling an issue with your line is not a job for an inexperienced plumber. You don’t want to risk poorly installed lines that can lead to expensive issues down the line. We use video inspection to diagnose your problem and provide effective solutions. Our technicians are knowledgeable and available around the clock for life’s emergencies.