When the temperatures plummet in the winter, your plumbing faces a variety of challenges to stay functioning as it should. This is because freezing temperatures can cause your pipes to freeze up. Pipes dug underground in your lawn are more vulnerable because they are more exposed to the elements and don’t get the benefits of being warmed by a home heating system. This extreme weather could cause your sprinkler system to freeze up. This could lead to bigger issues like leaks and burst pipes that could mean an expensive repair. Our Lehi plumbing experts can handle the specialized job of winterizing your sprinkler system with stop and waste valve installation.
Before booking your service, check out our online exclusive deals and coupons to save extra money.
What Is a Stop and Waste Valve?
If you’re wondering what a sprinkler stop and waste valve are, you’re not alone. They are also known as sprinkler drain valves, which probably gives you a better idea of what it’s for. This appliance is a key irrigation fitting that will help keep your sprinkler line from freezing over in cold weather. A meter key is used to shut the system off and on. So before winter hits, you can set your valve to the off position which will cause all the water to drain from your lines. This step helps protect your lines from freezing over.
When To Replace Stop and Waste Valve
Just like any other appliance in your plumbing, these valves are prone to wear and tear and may need some attention. Here are some signs you need a stop and waste valve replacement:
- Your irrigation line doesn’t drain while in the off position
- Your valve is old or you can’t remember the last time it was replaced
- You still note freezing of your sprinkler line during the winters
- Your valve leaks
When it comes to installing new sprinkler stop valves, you want to get professional help. Digging around your lawn can cause damage to existing lines and city cables so call us. We’ll ensure your line is up to code and you’ll feel confident knowing your valve was installed by a professional. This means you’ll be sure it’s working exactly as it should.
Lehi homeowners trust our licensed plumbers! Browse through our customer testimonials before booking your next service.
Why Choose Us
You’re spoiled for choice when it comes to choosing a plumber for your home services. You want and deserve the best quality service you can find. We make the decision easy for you by providing:
- Straightforward Pricing: Many homeowners complain about hidden costs for plumbing services. You never have to worry about that with us. We offer free estimates so you’ll know what your service costs beforehand.
- Emergency Service: Plumbing emergencies can strike at any time. Luckily, you have experienced plumbers ready to take the call when you need it most. No matter the time, call us to schedule your emergency service.
- Family Owned and Operated: We take pride in our company and treat you like one of our own. This is why you can expect friendly, professional service performed by a team of trained professionals.