Most homeowners cringe at the mention of a slab leak issue. That’s because slab leak problems can be a huge repair and it can be a costly investment. Some homeowners go as far as to add slab leak service in their home insurance to make sure they’re covered in the worst-case scenario. What happens if you think you may have a slab leak, but don’t have any coverage? The first step is to call Valley Plumbing and Drain Cleaning. We can explain the issue to you to give you a better understanding of the problem. After that, we can provide personalized, affordable solutions. We are your Lehi slab leak repair experts!
Get access to online exclusive deals and coupons and save on your next home project.
What Are the Causes of a Slab Leak?
Slab leaks can be caused by a variety of conditions. If your plumbing is not properly maintained and inspected, you may have had an issue lurking for a long time that just didn’t get caught in time. Here are some of the causes of a slab leak:
- Improper Construction: If your pipes were improperly installed, or if cheap materials were used, it’s more likely that your pipes will leak. Leaks and burst pipes can soak through your home’s foundation, causing cracks and damaging your home’s integrity.
- Poor Water Quality: Water that is too acidic, or hard water, can cause corrosion in your pipes. This corrosion can lead to leaks.
- Outside Conditions: Extreme weather can cause soil shifts. Once the soil shifts, your pipes move with it causing pressure to be put on your pipes.
- Time: Older homes are more prone to experience slab leaks. Older pipes are more prone to all of the issues mentioned above including corrosion. Extended periods of stress on your pipes are bound to cause an issue.
How Do We Detect Slab Leaks?
There are a variety of methods professional plumbers use when it comes to foundation leak detection. Acoustic listening devices can help locate leaks by following the sound of dripping or running water. Another way is using thermal sensors that can identify warm or cool spots that usually indicate a leak. Finally, a sewer video inspection can be used to precisely locate the location of a leak. Here are some signs you can spot:
- Damp spots on carpets or floors
- Mold growth on floors, ceilings, or walls
- Hot areas on your floor
- High water bills
- The sound of rushing water
There’s a reason homeowners choose us for their plumbing services. Visit our reviews page to find out why.
Why Work With Us
- Around the Clock Service: When an emergency strikes, you want to be able to call and speak with a live representative about your issues. Our plumbers are standing by 24/7 to assist you in case of a burst pipe or broken water heater.
- Straightforward Pricing: We know plumbing prices can get confusing, especially how some companies continue to add on charges after the fact. We would never do that to you. Our prices are upfront and you’ll receive a free estimate before we start any service.
- Knowledgeable Technicians: The best part about working with us is that you’ll have access to our experienced team of professionals. There’s no question they can’t answer and they’ll be available to you every step of the way for your service. You can expect accurate, fast service.