Your kitchen fixtures like your sink and garbage disposal see a lot of use and abuse. You turn them on and off multiple times a day, and you use to process food waste from your sink. This leads to some improper use that can cause your system to start working less effectively than it did before. You don’t have to figure out why you have a leaky faucet or why your garbage disposal won’t turn on. The Lehi plumbers at Valley Plumbing and Drain Cleaning know how to handle kitchen plumbing issues and will get the job done lightning fast.
Save money for the finer things in life by visiting our coupons page for exclusive offers.
Signs You Need Garbage Disposal Repair
Your garbage disposal can keep your drains healthy by ensuring any food waste in your sink gets processed before going down your drains. However, this appliance is prone to misuse. Here’s when you should schedule garbage disposal repair service:
- Frequent Resetting: If you’ve found yourself pressing the rest on your garbage disposal often, it’s a good indication that you may have an issue with faulty wiring or that your disposal is simply getting old.
- Bad Odors: If you continue to notice bad smells even after you’ve run it to get rid of small particles of food waste, it could mean something is lodged in your system.
- Grinding Noises: If you’ve turned on your system only to hear grinding noises, turn it off right away. This could mean there is an object lodged in your disposal or that you need to replace your garbage disposal.
What Causes a Leaky Faucet?
A leaky faucet is not only a nuisance, but it also hits you where it hurts the most – your wallet! Having constantly dripping water could increase utility costs. Knowing is half the battle so get familiar with the causes of a leaky faucet:
- O-Ring Needs Replacing: An O-ring holds the handle of your faucet in place. If it is worn or improperly installed, it can be the main cause of a faucet leak. A replacement will usually solve the problem.
- Improper Installation: Having an amateur install your faucet can save you a few bucks at the outset, but you’ll end up paying the difference by having to deal with a repair due to leaks. Hire a professional plumber and save yourself a headache.
- Water Pressure: If your faucet is only dripping during certain times of the day or in certain positions, the problem could lie with your water pressure.
- Corroded/Broken Parts: Your faucet may seem simple, but it’s made up of multiple parts including a washer, O-ring, valve and more. If any of these parts are damaged or corroded, your faucet will leak.
Want to read feedback about our services from real customers? Navigate to our reviews page to see what they have to say.
Why Choose Us
- Professional, Trained Technicians: We know you’re spoiled for choice when it comes to plumbing services, which is why we’re always appreciative when you choose us. We keep our customers loyal by delivering quality service performed by professional, friendly, and knowledgeable technicians.
- 24/7 Service: A plumbing emergency in the middle of the night may seem like a disaster but we’re here to help. Let us diffuse the situation so that you can get back to enjoying a good night’s sleep. We are on-call and waiting to assist you!
- Straightforward Pricing: Plumbing services aren’t always cheap, but we strive to keep our pricing honest and fair so that we can always fit it within your budget. You’ll never feel confused about what your service will cost. Get a free estimate and inspection before we start any job!