Your home’s pipes serve an important function. They transport water throughout your home to provide water to all of your faucets. It’s easy to forget about the complex systems of pipes behind your walls and under your floors until you start having problems. Clogged, burst or leaking pipes can lead to a plumbing nightmare. You don’t want to risk damaging your home and property because you didn’t fix a simple plumbing issue in time. Our licensed and trained professionals can come out to your Lehi, UT home to fix the problem quickly and accurately. Valley Plumbing and Drain Cleaning are on the case fast to get your plumbing back up and running.
Save even more on our excellent prices by checking out our online exclusives and coupons.
What Causes Burst Pipes?
Knowing what causes a burst pipe is half the battle. Once you know what to look out for, it makes it easier to know when to call us to repair a burst pipe. This means less sitting around hoping your home isn’t damaged. Here’s what you should look for:
- Age: Many homeowners don’t think about the age of their pipes. But just like any other major appliance in your home, your pipes get old. If your home is older than 40, you may still have steel, clay, or cast iron pipes, all of which are prone to leaking, cracking, and corrosion.
- Root Invasion: Tree roots grow towards sources of moisture looking for water and nutrients. Unfortunately, your pipes are prime real estate for tree roots looking for a source. This can cause pressure build-up, clogs, or worse.
- Clogs: If you don’t practice best practices when it comes to what goes down your drains, you could be facing down a burst pipe. This is because build-ups in your drains could lead to increased pressure.
How to Avoid a Burst Pipe
A burst pipe can seem like a scary issue, especially if you don’t catch it in time. There are steps you can take to keep your plumbing system working smoothly. Proper practices can keep your drains clear and prevent serious issues. Here are some steps you can take:
- Regular Inspection: Having a set of professional eyes on your plumbing can give you confidence that there are no major issues lurking and going untreated in your home’s plumbing.
- Modern Techniques: Spotting an issue before it gets too bad for an easy fix can save you money and a huge hassle. With clog and leak detection tools, we can find a problem with your drains before it starts showing obvious signs.
- Be Mindful: The best thing you can do to keep your drains clear and avoid a burst pipe is to watch what goes down your drains. Be careful of flushing anything besides toilet paper and human waste. Use drain catchers in sinks and tubs in your home.
What Are My Pipe Repair Options?
You might be concerned that the only way to repair a burst pipe is to dig up your whole lawn to replace your pipes. That’s no longer the case when you work with experienced and licensed technicians. We use minimally invasive methods such as trenchless pipe repair which means no harmful digging. This method will also save you money.
Find out what other homeowners in your area have to say about our services by visiting our reviews page.
Why Work With Us
Choosing a company that can assist you with severe plumbing issues can turn into a hassle. The team at Valley Plumbing and Drain Cleaning can make it stress-free. Here’s what to expect when you work with us:
- Knowledgeable Technicians: Our knowledgeable technicians can assist you with any plumbing job, no matter how large or small. We use state-of-the-art tools and methods to get the job done fast, accurate, and within your budget.
- Emergency Service: Burst pipes can lead to serious damage if left untreated for long. Luckily, if you experience this in the middle of the night, you don’t have to let the problem continue to get worse. Our technicians are available 24/7 for emergency service.
- Transparent Pricing: Knowing what your service will cost ahead of time means no unpleasant surprises. We offer straightforward pricing and work with your budget to bring you affordable repairs, without sacrificing quality.